Thursday, July 29, 2010

A tour of Pittsburgh

I wish to keep in record a week’s stay at St. Alphonsus Church, Pittsburgh as rich in experience. Nothing really is glamorous here except the practice of faith. I was wondering how it was possible to celebrate two masses on week days in an ordinary parish Church. But to my surprise, you not only have people participating at the mass but you always have young boys or girls serving at the mass. That was something amazing. As mention in my earlier entry, the Church is open from 6.00am to 9.00pm and it’s very encouraging to see people walking in at any part of the day to spend time in prayer.

I also mentioned how young is Fr. Murphy not in age but in deed. I just admire his zeal for life. He is always full of questions to be learned. He would not pass by a day without a day out somewhere even if it is just to downtown Pittsburgh or he would drive me to Pittsburgh University - the tallest educational building in the world, to St. Paul’s Cathedral, to North Park or to Mt. Washington view, just anywhere but something new every day. I just kept admiring his dynamism coupled with his genuine care and concern for me.

A video clip to keep the memory alive.

1 comment:

Julian said...

Dear Isaac,

Good to know you are well and thanx for posting those great clips to share your 'mission' with us.
So, why got a bend in the tunnel?!?

Ciao!