Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Mission Continues

My mission keep growing and going. The 17th and 18th July at St. Timothy Church, Trenton in the diocese of Detroit (Michigan) was an experience by all means. I must say I am much edified by the associate pastor Fr. Edward Vella who is in effect the pastor, as the pastor is on sick leave. Fr. Edward was himself an experienced missionary as he worked in Brazil for 14 years. His simplicity and ability to educate the faithful on the missionary life and activities made my job far easier. I found the same simplicity at the rectory. I must say it was rarity to find an austere rectory anywhere around. And I found one at St. Timothy’s.

I had my weekend anticipated and extended. You don’t find such occasions lying down. I must say it was one of the loveliest time out. Thanks to Dr. Benjamin and Elizabeth (family). We, Fr. Varghese Maliakal, the four sisters and me practically rented out their cute palatial house overlooking to the blue waters of Port Huron and Canada on the other side. We really had fun and enjoyed every bit of our stay. The sisters learning to hit their legs on the water added more fun. The water was really blue and clean. You could stay on in the waters for hours, even have some drinks on the lawns or meals all served at the mention of it. It was a luxury. I am afraid they were too good to us. But at the same time I do not think it a sin to have a nice time for a day or two in a villa like this at the blue waters only if you can find some good people like the family of Dr. Benjamin.

But I must keep my focus and keep going and do what I must do. Every little love you share, you make a clean drop on your sketch.

See a little recap in the video clip.

No comments: