Monday, August 9, 2010

From Pennsylvania to Indiana

A week in Pittsburgh PA and now a week in Indianapolis IN have almost got me into a rhythm of a normal system. You get up in the morning and have your morning spiritual exercises and celebrate the mass and if you are a regular priest here then attend the office or sick calls or whatever and the day is done. But even as I get into the rhythm it’s time to move to the next weekend ministry.

From Indianapolis to St. Thomas More, Mooresville IN is less than an hour drive. I reached here at St. Thomas More Church on 7th August. I was almost sad that for the second time I was to manage the weekend without the pastor (also here without a cross anywhere on the external of the Church- that was a surprise discovery though). But it turned out to be a wonderful experience. First, the liturgical celebrations were so well organized from down order - the celebrant (me), to the top order-coordinator of the celebration. I particularly appreciate and admire Maureen Shea who saw to the entire liturgical celebrations in the absence of Fr. Mark Gottemoller, the pastor. The community participation was excellent, be it singing in the mass or the warm interactions outside the mass. Maureen also saw to my stay and food arrangements. It was at the Mexican restaurant with Maureen, Rose and Anita for the dinner, at an Irish pup with Steve & Eileen Egenolf for luncheon and Fr. Mark himself to an American Catfish for the dinner before he drove me back to St. Michael’s Indianapolis. I was happy I met him.

I feel sorry I couldn’t get a picture/video clip of St. Thomas More parish.

No comments: