Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The First Days in the States

I landed at Philadelphia International Airport on 1st July at about 5.00pm and Fr. Josekutty was waiting to receive me. He will be my host for the coming days and weeks during my stay in the States. The first two nights I spent with him at St. Simon Stock’s parish, Pine Hills in New Jersey. On 3rd July I flew to Manchester to go to St. Kathryn’s parish, Hudson in the state of New Hampshire. Here I will begin my ministry of sharing our mission experience.
St. Kathryn’s Church in Hudson is definitely one of the Churches I will love to remember. I like everything about it and around it. The entire surrounding gives you a sense of serenity and quietness. The stations of the cross beautifully synchronized in the quiet natural setting, our lady of Lourdes placed on the side of the front Church in a perfect natural environment with a running stream, the cute little Emmaus Chapel attached to the parish office, and the awesome presence of silence in the interior of the Church all adds to the spiritual atmosphere of the place.
I won’t gone in to details but I loved the liturgy at St. Kathyrn’s which were celebrated so orderly. And of course, I should be particularly grateful to Deacon Ray and his wife Gayle who in the absence of the Pastor, Fr. Gary took best care of me. With all the best of feelings I left for St. Louis, Nashua for the next week end ministry.

No comments: