Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Two Fairies...

From nowhere appeared Fr. Dominic Kanmi and Mr. Jacob Rongmei (from Manipur, India) on 24th January 2009. They should if at all be arriving on 27th, that’s what they mention via email. Their impatience to be in the eternal city or was it me that hasten their pilgrimage to Rome, I will never know. Whatever, I was more than glad to have them. They were my first guests (also the first time guide to Rome) after I landed in this part of the world. As such, I have looked into their itinerary in detail. What came as a surprise were other fairies. 24th lunch time came and appeared Frs. Sojan and Jacob and what a lunch it was in Hotel Cinese, Vaticano. It’s no coincidence but it’s time for dinner and look there comes two other fairies, Srs. Mercy and Merlyn. What a day to end with two angels around the table in Hotel Luce.
It is not easy to be a good guide in Rome. Either you spent too much time in a place and leave out the rest or you have too many of them in mind and see none. Anyway I thought we must first pay due respect to the Bishop of Rome, (Pope) by visiting the Cathedral of Rome, San Giovanni Laterano and the Santa Scala (Holy Steps). Of course, much time was allotted to the visit to the Basilica San Pietro, the tombs of the popes, etc. We did not also missed other important places like visit to Collosseo, basilica san paolo, piazza del popolo, piazza spagna, Fontana di Trevi etc. And so came the end of the second and last day and of course not without the presence of another two fairies for the last supper; Frs. Breson Paul and Wilbert. Early part of the next day they disappeared to Paris. I wish my two friends a safe journey back home. I thank them for the homely casual visit.

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm sooooo touched!Blessed are you among fairies!!! Keep it up ha...

Unknown said...

eer... friends, I don't want to have to be a somewhat of a wet blanket and spoil the party here but you may want to reconsider another term to use instead of 'fairies'.

in the culture and context that we find ourselves in today, it is really not a best of term to have it in such a prominent placement where its context could be somewhat misconstrued...

(personally, I just find this quite hilarious! that's because I know the real and innocent intention that is behind this entry)