Sunday, July 28, 2013

Still in New York City

My short stay at Holy Innocent Church, NY (from 8-29 July 2013 - only week days) turned out to be packed with lots of interesting experiences. The Parish has 6 Holy Masses celebrated daily from Monday to Friday and I found out that they are all working people coming in early for the mass before they go to work, or some take a lunch break, or after the work. And there are people not less than 40/50 for every mass. These are all busy people and it is true, you hardly meet any of them because they have to leave as soon as mass is over. But, I was really impressed and convinced that people who want to find time for mass find it however busy and difficult it may be. Some of them even volunteer serving at the mass and few of these were exceptionally good to me and took care of me. People like Vijay, Janet and in fact, Angie and Gloria were almost taking turns to take me out for lunch or dinner knowing that I don’t cook at the rectory. We would go out to try dishes from Texas Style to Jewish Kosher, Philippino to Korean or Vietnamese/Italian. It was never ending.
27th July Saturday, as my weekend to Altoona PA was rescheduled, I took the opportunity to spend visiting the city. Joanna Lina, Angie’s nice joined me on a Circle Line Cruise. It was a wonderful tour, viewing the city from the Hudson and River East waters, especially the view of WTC, Statue of Liberty, etc were magnificent. Then we went up to Queens to join Angie to a grand Philippino luncheon.

I will leave Holy Innocent NY for New Jersey and to Rome (29th July) thanking these wonderful souls that I came to be part of their lives and seeking God’s blessings on each one of them. A short video clip link to youtube.        

No comments: