Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Welcome back to the final year of your school

I am sorry to begin with a negative remark but what is actually wrong with academia? I asked a number of kids in a parish in the United States as they began their academic year if they were eager to get back to school and every single kid shook their heads in negative. Back in Italy it was just round the school reopening season and I shot the same question to kids around only to have the same negative nod. And now it’s back to myself and companions in the college and university. Believe me, of the 190 student priests in Collegio san Paolo who have promptly responded to the pursuit of academic excellence and yet I must confess the majority are refusing enthusiasm of going to school. Isn’t it funny? Wishing to and not wanting to.
Anyway, I must welcome back myself to where I must be and hang a reminder tag: ‘Il partente,' that’s an indication you are in your last year at Collegio San Paolo. 

No comments: