Friday, September 24, 2010

The Madonna at Lourdes

To make a pilgrimage to Lourdes has been a long time consideration and I must honestly acknowledged that I am more than blessed to make it possible from 17th to 20th September 2010 on account of Anna Menghi and Rita yet for another time. They had in fact arranged everything. I did only the going. And of course at the end, it was they who thanked me. How does that sound? I guess the guy must be a real nut.
Anyway, it was a wonderful experience. Among thousands from Italy we were 143 in our group from around the Marche region. There was a group from Milan who numbered to 3000 of which more than half were on wheel chairs. From the moment we landed to the time we took off for home, every single hour was definitely organized and always kept occupied. The Eucharistic processions, the candle lit rosary processions, the way of the cross, the International Eucharistic celebration, the visits to the grotto of our Lady, etc. are all incredible events.
I only continue asking the same question over and again. There is so much faith here. Where do they disappear from here? Where does this enthusiasm vanish?

No comments: