Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Tangkhul Naga Among the Magi to Arrived at the Vatican Crib

Today is 6th January, Epiphany of our Blessed Lord and after returning back from the parish ministry I passed by St. Peter’s Square, Vatican. And what I saw was more than a surprise. I thought of the wise men from the east but certainly not one from the region of Northeast India, least to say Manipur hills. My joy was obvious when I saw a lady clad in Tangkhul Chongkhom (traditional shawl) found herself right behind our lady at the Vatican crib.
I thought to myself, after all Rome is not too far from Manipur, I mean the Church is one. And if Rome is the mother Church, she cannot be far from any others. In fact, she is closed to every member. She is the symbol of unity. She always gathers. The presence of this little piece of shawl is only symbolic of her actual presence in our land and culture.

5 comments:

Danny said...

Isaac,

Thank you Father for the blog you sent me.I got goose bumps when I saw a Changkhom adorning one of the shepherds in the crib,it was very emotional.What better proof do we need that Jesus is for everyone,He died for all and he is present in every believer's heart.The Catholic Church is truely universal and for every human being,it is colour blind,and there is no reason why we should be surprised,because it is the one true Church founded by Christ on His "Rock",the Pope of Rome.
Have a great 2010,

Ruth said...

Dear Isaac,
it's beautiful and lovely to see your sketches. each time sth interesting you put in . Thank you.
Wish you happy New year with lots of blessings from above.

Stanis said...

hello isac,
Congratulation for the tangkhul shwal at the vatican. More for the beautiful message about universality and the place of each particularity in it. Keep going!

ynsjkeow said...

wow!!! I'm so touched to see Tangkhul Changkhom at Vatican. Those three boys are familiar to me...hehehe... ADESTE FIDELES-VENITE ADOREMUS...

Maria Dilbung said...

Thanks for the wonderful message. I was also so thril to see the beautiful Tangkhul shawl at the crib in the vatican.
More so it was that of an old traditional one made of some years back- what a nostalgia it was for me and much more for you.