Thursday, January 14, 2010

In the face of Tragedy

In utter hopelessness I heard him pray in despair: “God, are you there when people need you? Did you die for these people? Or you eliminated them because they are too poor to be around? Did you also die for him? What was his crime? Was he too good to be around? Are you jealous and afraid to lose him? You have no answer. Are you saying you also died for her? Why did you take on her then? Why did you allow her to perish in guilt? Why do you come up with such mask and give false hope? Are you a just God or a compassionate God? Don’t tell me you are both. But if you are a just God, fine go ahead, but don’t border me anymore and expect me to be around. I can take care of myself. You don’t need to save me. I am already doomed. I make a big mistake believing you all along.”
I keep hearing these screaming souls all over – tragedies after tragedies. I hear souls crying out in despair, in anguish and grief, lonely and depressed passing through the darkness of no hope. And I’ve got no answer. I only have one + sign - the cross. Go beneath the rugged cross. You got to have an answer. Yes, you got to be there and no sermons for God’s sake.
NB: The earth that shook part of Haiti on 12th January 2010 left 1000s buried beneath the debris, 200 seminarians in record, priests (number not ascertain) and an Archbishop. Did God make a mistake?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi delighted to see you...and yeah really touching, when faced with tragedy or whatever hardship we face we question God.Great to see you Chingjuiroma...and of course that corner of the earth may be insignificant to the world but not God forsaken.Jaiho chingjui...ho...hui...!!!!

fiammetta marozzi said...

We never say "Where were you?" when something beautiful happens to us, we never apply any responsibilities to God when things go well, so why should we ask Him the question each time something goes wrong? The Lord watches us, but He leaves us free to take our decisions and doesn't intervene directly in our lives to change our goals, our jobs, our words, our business, our ruining the world. We wouldn't be happy if He didn't leave us free to lead our life the way we want. WE like to take deicions on our own and we don't want anybody to interfere. He wouldn't be a God of love and mercy if He oppressed us with His will! Why do we ask HIm "where were you?" and don't ask ourselves "do we have any responsibility in what happended?" or "Can I do something to help?" It's too easy to have someone to blame for what happens. Let's thank God for what He allows us to have daily, for all our gifts, for helping us each time we ask for His help.
What happens in the world or in streets or in our houses and environment is always determined by the human beings. "Thanks God for the freedom you give me, but -please - help me use my freedom well! Help me be charitable, loving, pleasant and to operate well in any field I am!"

Unknown said...

"God leads us into deep waters not to drown us,but to cleanse us".The words of Habakkuk in Chapter 3 verses 17 and 18 should inspire us.